The three main sides in this were the Muslims of Jerusalem the Christians from Europe and the Jews of Jerusalem.
Research the three sides that fought in the crusades. You will need to find out about their history, motivations, actions and if you feel that one side was more just, or were they all at fault?
- In your research think about and answer these questions:
- Were the Crusades only fought in the name of religion?
- Why is Jerusalem such an important city?
- Why would people of Europe be so eager to fight in the Crusades (Adventure?)
- Who had the rightful ‘claim’ to Jerusalem? (does anyone)?
- Finally, make a timeline that covers the events mentioned in your research (We will do this one later)
This is another writing task that will require some deep thinking and research on your part.